Successful completion of the project Research in the SANET network and possibilities of its further use and development
On June 30, 2023, the project “Research in the SANET network and possibilities of its further use and development” was successfully completed. The project was implemented by a consortium of 6 institutions with support from the Operational Programme Integrated Infrastructure and financial support from the European Regional Development Fund during the period from January 2019 to June 2023. The applicant was the Center for Scientific and Technical Information of the Slovak Republic. The project partners were SFÉRA, a.s. and 4 universities - Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava, Technical University in Košice, Comenius University in Bratislava, and the University of Žilina.
As part of the project, independent research and development (R&D) and industrial research were carried out in the following areas:
- research of sophisticated security mechanisms, adaptation of the network for delivery of high-quality multimedia content and high-speed data transmission from sensor networks,
- research in the field of advanced monitoring of flows and evaluation of security incidents for e Cloud Computing systems,
- research of the network environment in the Slovak academic network SANET from the point of view of increasing its security and access protection,
- research in the field of data metroclusters.
Industrial research by SFÉRA, a.s., was aimed at:
- research in the field of ensuring network quality of service for data centers with regard to IoT device operation in energy in an extensive network infrastructure with elements of high availability of data metroclusters,
- research on monitoring mechanisms and real-time analysis of metrocluster parameters when ensuring the required quality of service for solutions over IoT devices,
- research methods for securing and modeling data center interoperability for IoT extensive data based on analysis of network communication character, availability and security of real-time flows, monitoring, and evaluation of non-standard events and their dynamic solution.
The result of Sféra’s research activities is a laboratory prototype metrocluster for IoT extensive data with advanced analysis of network communication and new procedures and methods for identifying risks during metrocluster operation for operators of wide network infrastructure.
The results of the research will be applied in the form of innovative distribution network services and technologies with an emphasis on security and reliability.
Thanks to all colleagues who contributed to meeting the deadlines and the quality of the final results.